Which wood glue --- or no matter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am about to lay 40m2 of eneineered oak floor 150mm wide planks 18mm thick I will be flaoting it. So what about glue choice - do I just go for screwfix no noncence or this http://www.toolstation.com/shop/p61864. Or perhaps evostick waterproof (the one in the blue bottle) Or does it not matter.
Also do I lay with the tounge to the wall and put the glue into the next boards grove Or lay with the groove to the wall and put the glue on to the tounge

Sponsored Links
any old pva should do, screwfix and such do an everbuild 1 litre or 5 litre tub which is pretty good stuff even though its quite cheap, and ive allways started with both grooves to the wall

hope this helps
tom

Thanks for that
So do you put glue to the top of the tongue of the board in your hand

2 small beads at 45 degrees along both sides at the top off the groove is my choice
other go for one hefty bead in the groove
others on the base off the tongue both sides
:D

everbuild here as well

Sponsored Links
when you say both sides do you meen lon and the short side of the board

when you say both sides do you meen lon and the short side of the board

2 beads mirror image in the groove about about 2mm from the top then you can run the nozzle along the corner without getting covered in glue
or onto the same position but on the tongue both sides

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back