Which Wood Product to Use...advise needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

i have sanded back my handrails, and things back to the natural wood. I would like to keep them this way as i like the texture and the colour etc..however i know i am going to have to protect the wood against dirty hands and things..

so what do i need to do this.. i want to keep the wood as natural as possible so i would assume i would need a clear matte based porduct..but which one.

there seems to be many clear varnishs and dyes out there but that will add a shiny finish to the wood..so do i just need an oil of somesort?? or bees wax??

advise please.......

Sponsored Links
For something so heavily touched like that i would go for a matt varnish followed by a few coats of clear paste wax which will give you the hard wearing and no maintanence benefit of varnish but the softer duller beauty of varnish too!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back