Whirlpool 321/3, slow turn during spin cycle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
I have a similar problem with Whirlpool 321/3, slow turn during spin cycle the motor is Ceset MCA 38/64-148WHE3 1.7A 380W. Arcing can be seen under the machine and the commutator was black. I turned it upside down to get at the brushes and found 1 was sticking in its holder I freed this by scraping the carbon (10mm carbon left when fully extended). The carbon on both is split down the centre and may be wedging, is the split a fault or is each brush 2 parts? I removed the hose connected to the drum but no ball just view to what looks like the heater element (am I missing something?).
1 Do I need new brushes with 10mm left (should they be split)?
2 Do I need a ball for the hose?
I read elsewhere about a dry joint problem on a motor control PCB, I would like to check this can someone tell me exactly how I get to it?

Thanks menditmike

Sponsored Links
Sorry to cause you offence, this is my first time and I don't have a clue what I am doing.
Some patience and guidance would be appreciated.
Thanks for the warm welcome.

Sponsored Links
Thanks sleepyhead.
After modification & reassembly it is working again but in light of your information I expect it to fail sooner or later. No doubt at the most inconvenient time acompineid by a flood or plague of locusts.
I will order some off ebay perhaps.
Thanks again
MIke

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back