Whirlpool bath installation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys thanks for your time.

I have just received my new whirlpool bath and was shocked to see it has a 3 pin socket to power it, is this normal? It is fitted with an inline circuit breaker but just wondering if it safe to use the bath straight from a socket, it would be wired through the wall and plugged into the kitchen.

also it needs earthing any suggestions as to where to earth it too?

Matt

Sponsored Links
I'm not a spark but in the instructions for my jacuzzi bath, it clearly states that the lead from the jacuzzi pump should be connected to an rcd via an ip65 junction box if needs be.

I should imagine you will get some interesting replies from the guys on this one.

i would have expected to see a plain cable with no plug,considering sockets are not allowed in bathrooms.even under the bath

Sponsored Links
I am a whirlpool bath virgin so had no idea of how it would connect to the power so excuse me Breezer!!!!

Would powering the bath from a normal plug socket not put too much drain on the ring main? The booklet says it draws 16A.

I think I will get a spark in to be on safe side, shame I will have to fork out more cash but guess unless it is genuinely safe to plug it straight in and earth the frame out I will have to dig deep.

Thanks for the help Bigzed

seems a bit odd. if it draws 16A how is that going to work, since the biggest plug top fuse is 13A?

never worked on one, but the ones i have seen only have a small pump in them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back