Whirlpool built in dishwasher

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dear all
I've got a Whirlpool dishwasher that I bought new 5 years ago, but hardly use because the results are so disappointing. Glasses come out a bit cloudy looking and china has a funny feel, your fingers won't slide across it smoothly. Stainless steel comes out with a white film. I've tried different settings for the water softener, but it doesn't make any difference. I live in a hard water area (Brighton). I always follow the instructions and use rinse aid. Am I doing something wrong or is it a fault or a rubbish machine. Never been any different. Are new machines better than this? All it's good for is taking the decoration off the china!
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Adjust the setting for your rinse aid, make sure the spray arms are clear and clean and clean all filters.
Use seperate, quality powder, rinse aid and salt.
Too much or too little rinse aid will lead to a whitish streaking or spotting.
If you have a gritty feel on your dishes then foodstuff has been allowed to enter the system and this is coming through in fine deposits with the water and is baking on during the drying process.
These are not rubbish machines, they perform and clean very well. It's worth noting that plastic doesn't dry in these dishwashers.
I think you'll find that it's recommended that china isn't put into any dishwasher.

Sponsored Links
bearing in mind that all a dishwasher does is spray hot water, i think it's fair to say that the detergent is taking off the designs. to give it it's best chance do as tired guy says. get a good quality detergent with separate rise aid and you must make sure the salt it set at correct level.

Thanks, people. I'll try all those ideas. I'm using 'Finish', which should be ok, I imagine, as it's the major brand in the shops.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back