Whirlpool Dishwasher ADP2652WH-Stops washing/starts flashing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone else had this problem? My machine is approx 8/9 years old and stops mid-cycle (either during a wash program, or even just a pre-rinse) and the lights start flashing continuously - no pattern. I can hold the start button down and this makes the dishwasher empty and resets the machine, but doesn't get it to finish the wash. I have given the machine a good clean, and used a dishwasher cleaner to try to clear any "gunk" that may have accumulated anywhere, but the problem is still there - it still won't wash. Thank you for any suggestions.

Sponsored Links
The lights flash continuously...which lights?
The only one you need to look at is the start button led...does that show a pattern???

Thanks for the response - sorry for the delay in responding (been away for a couple of days).

The lights that change are:-
1. The program lights next to the dial change from whatever program I have selected to "pre-rinse" and is steady (doesn't flash at all);
2. The "pre-rinse" light along the top (the "where the program is up to" panel) flashes continuously, and rapidly (about 3 times per second);
3. The "start" button flashes continuously, but at a slower pace (about 1 per second).
As far as I can see, there is no pattern to either of the flashing lights.

Any ideas, or is it dead?!

Thanks again.

Sponsored Links
If the start led flashes continuously it could mean a few things, but I would suspect an NTC issue first. Reset the machine then pour a kettle of boiling water directly in the bottom & let it stand for a couple of mins. Then try a program & see what happens. If it runs ok you ought to change out the NTC, if not more investigation required.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back