whirlpool error code o6

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi there, i have a very new whirlpool aw od as127, very little used, and has been stored for a year, following the reconnection, i managed to get one or two washes out of ot, before the code 06 flashes, and the wash aborts, today ive had an engineer look at it, and he checked connection, and put it onto various tests, and then said it could be my pcb, or my motor, but he had said that the motor sounded good on a top spin during its test, he is phoning me with a price of motor or pcb, are there any other possible solutions before i commit, many thanks

Sponsored Links
The engineer gave you a correct diagnosis, F06 can be a motor or pcb issue. I would also suspect the pcb if the motor runs fine on a spin cycle. If it fails on a wash cycle the most likely culprit would be a reversing relay on the pcb. Rest easy...I think the attending engineer knows his stuff :D

The engineer gave you a correct diagnosis, F06 can be a motor or pcb issue. I would also suspect the pcb if the motor runs fine on a spin cycle. If it fails on a wash cycle the most likely culprit would be a reversing relay on the pcb. Rest easy...I think the attending engineer knows his stuff :D

thanks zipper, the engineer phoned today to tell the wife that he has asked around ????, and it will need a new motor, quoting £360 to replace
after picking myself up, i re read your response, and wondered if you thought that it may be sensible of me to send the pcb away for testing/ and or replacing ( there are links on this site for them as you will know )
before i finally abandon this machine , which is only been used a dozen or so times, many thanks

What is the service number on the door sticker? (should be something close to this; 8592 973 15000).
Motors for your model are very expensive (more expensive than the pcb in fact). Error codes are just a guide & only narrow diagnosis down. F06 could be motor or pcb trouble. Possible motor problems could be a tacho-generator issue or damaged wiring. The motor has a tacho on the end of the shaft which supplies a reference voltage to the pcb. The speed regulation circuit on the pcb controls the motor using this reference voltage. If either side malfunctions the machine will throw up an F06 error. You could try checking the tacho coil & motor terminal resistances & make sure the shaft magnet hasn't worked loose. Then check the hard wiring from the motor plug up to the pcb. If everything checks out ok get a pcb quote from EMW.

Sponsored Links
What is the service number on the door sticker? (should be something close to this; 8592 973 15000).
Motors for your model are very expensive (more expensive than the pcb in fact). Error codes are just a guide & only narrow diagnosis down. F06 could be motor or pcb trouble. Possible motor problems could be a tacho-generator issue or damaged wiring. The motor has a tacho on the end of the shaft which supplies a reference voltage to the pcb. The speed regulation circuit on the pcb controls the motor using this reference voltage. If either side malfunctions the machine will throw up an F06 error. You could try checking the tacho coil & motor terminal resistances & make sure the shaft magnet hasn't worked loose. Then check the hard wiring from the motor plug up to the pcb. If everything checks out ok get a pcb quote from EMW.

thanks for that, i have son in law to check , but can you tell me what resistances should be on the tacho and motor terminals, so he can see if they are ok

Motor resistances at 20 °C.
Stator (full field) 1.26 Ω
Stator (tapped field) 0.42 Ω
Armature (across brush holders) 1.76 Ω
Tacho generator 137 Ω
Don't forget to check the shaft magnet on the tacho. Good luck :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back