Whirlpool fridge/freezer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a whirlpool fridge/freezer model arc81401x i can hear what sounds like the motor working and both fridge and freezer seem cold yet the freezer is not freezing properly can anyone help please

Sponsored Links
First bit of advice if it is a frost free is to do a full defrost (door open minimum of 24 hours)

Then check drain channels in the freezer and the evaporator tray by the compressor. be careful when defrosting that the evaporator tray does not overflow.

First bit of advice if it is a frost free is to do a full defrost (door open minimum of 24 hours)

Then check drain channels in the freezer and the evaporator tray by the compressor. be careful when defrosting that the evaporator tray does not overflow.

Says total frost free. i already checked the evaporator tray was a little bit of water in there. Where would i find the drain channels in the freezer ?

Frost free in reality means you don't get frost on your food not that it does not frost up.

The drain channels are usually at the rear base of the freezer sometimes hidden behind the plastic rear covers inside the cavity.

The reason they are frost free is because they have heater elements in the back on the condenser pipework which is switched on (depending on model etc) every 8 hours or so, to defrost it.
These sometimes fail or more commonly the drain channels get blocked preventing the defrosted water from leaving, this freezes up and so a cycle begins (the defrost is timed not based on how much ice has to be defrosted)

Sponsored Links
Ok thank you im going to start with defrosting and try that and see how it goes will let you no if that works

seemed to working fine but i think it was over freezing and now stopped working again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back