Whirlpool washing machine leaking from around drum AWM 1004

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have taken the rear panel off the machine , switched on with rinse cycle, and watched for leaks. As the drum is moving I can see water dripping in front of the drum from in inside the machine.

It is difficult to tell exactly where it is coming from without taking the front off completely.

it is not coming from the big waste pipe attached to the bottom of the drum, so it think it could be drum the door seal.

can anyone help.
thanks

Sponsored Links
You probably answered you own question. The door seal & sump hose could be two possible candidates. Look at the easy things first. Inspect the folds of the door seal from the front & check the seal area against the glass for missing pieces/tears. It that is ok examine the sump hose. If you find the culprit fine, if not more digging required. Take off the lid & check around the inlet valve & soap tray for possible sources of leakage & then move onto the pump & drain hose. I hope you won't be very, very unlucky & find that a rogue coin found its way into the works & punched a hole in the tub wall...it happens sometimes :cry:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back