Whistling Cooker Gas Burner

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.
I recently bought a new gas cooker. One of the burners [only one of five!]makes a disturbing and frankly annoying whistling sound when it operates just above the minimum.
The manufacturer has been out to look at the cooker and following a few sorry attempts to stop it, has NOW decided that it is a normal sound from this type of burner and there is nothing they can do.
I can't believe this is normal and wonder if anyone else has experienced this same problem and if so does anyone know how to correct it.
The burner is a 100mm diameter Sabaf fast burner.

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Are you able to swop the burner caps about, if so does it make any difference?

No the others are either larger or smaller. They did at first send out a spare burner and skirt but this made no difference

When the engineer came out [the fourth time!!] and told me the sound was normal I said if so then make one of the others whistle. He tried but was unable to. Oh he says thats because its only the 100mm that makes the noise [you couldn't make this up!!!!]

If anyone else has a hob with a sabaf 100mm burner I would be grateful if you could try and make it whistle. Who knows we could possible put together a cooker orchestra and enter Britians got talent :D

It could be they have a bad batch, are there any machining burrs around the edges of the holes or part blocked holes, could you try cleaning them with some emery paper?

Sponsored Links
The first engineer tried that one, didn't work so he sent off for a new one but this made no difference.
Have been in touch with Sabaf and they think it may be the injectors. They have been very helpful which is more than can be said for New world who are trying to wash their hands of it :mad: !!!

Have just received the replacement injectors from Sabaf. I'll let you know what happens when the engineer comes out yet AGAIN to fit them.

Hi John

Sorry to hear your having this problem.
I'm afraid I can't help as the problem never did get sorted. The company won out in the end by doing the usual delaying tactics relying on me to just go away. Which I'm ashamed to say I did I was just too busy to keep chasing it up.
Its funny because just the other day a cursed myself when I turned a pan down and it started whistling. We just swap the pans onto different rings now to avoid it.
What cooker do you have. This is a New World Range double oven and it is the bottom left ring which is the problem.

It will be a cold day in hell before I buy anything else from this crowd.

Please let me know if you succeed where I miserably failed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back