"White" undercoat with "Brilliant White"

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Is there going to be problem if I paint Dulex Trade "Brilliant White" Matt Vinyl on top of a layer of Dulex Trade "White" undercoat?

I tried getting the "Brilliant White" undercoat but there was none in stock.. so ended up with "White", I was told it would not be a problem, but thought I better check with experts rather than sales!

cheers

Sponsored Links
There probably isnt going to be much in it between the two undercoats..just give the surfaces a light sanding fisrt

But why are you putting emulsion over undercoat?

cheers

I've got a few patches on the plasterwork that keeps showing through the emulsion - so using undercoat to block.

Sponsored Links
The undercoat will probably have a different finish to the vinyl matt as which you may notice as well.. it will depend on the room the room as to how much this will be noticed.

I'll be painting emulsion over the undercoat anyway - which caused no problems previously. Difference is this time Brilliant White over White rather than exact same shades.

I read that wrong...yes..eave the undercoat, just a couple of emulsion, thin the first one

..sorry

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back