Whitney houstons funeral

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just watched bits of it! They are dragging this sh!t out! If they take much longer shes gonna start smelling! I thought catholic services where long!! :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Sorry. Didn't read the thread - dead boring.

Sponsored Links
it was her shampoo that killed her,
they found her head and shoulders under the water.

Seriously though, hiccup, why does it matter so much about the demise of this singer?

Before I begin, this is not a go at you particularly canta, your post has merely prompted my response.

You don't have to 'know' someone to be saddened by their passing.

Were you saddened by Les Dawson's passing cant?

I have been saddened by the passing and miss many people I don't actually 'know'...

Spike Milligan
John Mills
Princess Di
John Candy
John (my neighbour at the last house)
Agnes Gonxha Bojaxhiu (Mother Teresa)
Henry Cooper
Ayrton Senna
Leonard Rossiter
Tommy Cooper
Seve Ballesteros
Simon (WDIK of DIYnot)

And many many more.

We don't need to 'know' someone in order to be saddened by their passing and miss their smile, their voice, their wit, their intelligence etc etc. I assume we have all lost someone close (I lost my dad when I was 19 and my mother about 10 years ago). I think knowing the pain of that makes you think of how the families of those that have died will be feeling. I also think some people, such as those above, have brought many people a lot of entertainment, interest, fun, excitement, admiration etc etc and knowing that they will no longer bring you such joys saddens us.

I'm a cold hearted swine at times and I'll admit I'm not especially moved by the passing of Whitney Houston but I know how it feels to lose someone and I know she had a daughter of 18 years old so having lost my father when I was 19 I can appreciate how that young girl must feel. I know also that many here built up a 'relationship' with Simon (WDIK), and even though not many actually 'knew' him, there was a sadness on this forum at his death.

So I say to all that mock and/or have a go at those that do bear their soul for those they wish to, lay off! If you don't see the sadness that people feel that's fine but you don't have to pass comment, simply move on to the next topic, thread etc and as you do, spare a thought for how you felt and/or do feel about the passing of the likes of Simon.

Thank you.

Then do your grieving in private. Why the great expressions of public grief?
Especially about someone you never knew - just the public persona, the celebrity, the falseness. It's all so shallow. We all have reasons for grief - but it's a private emotion. Public grief isn't true grief - it's just playing to the gallery "Oh look at me everybody I'm grieving". Grow up. :rolleyes:

Then do your grieving in private. Why the great expressions of public grief?
Especially about someone you never knew - just the public persona, the celebrity, the falseness. It's all so shallow. We all have reasons for grief - but it's a private emotion. Public grief isn't true grief - it's just playing to the gallery "Oh look at me everybody I'm grieving". Grow up. :rolleyes:

Joe, with respect, and I'm not going to post the link to the thread but you and I both know you have posted your feelings of sadness at the death of a fellow member of this forum: Alastair (DIYnot's notb665). You didn't really 'know' Alastair. You shared a common interest and enjoyed each others banter, swapping Christmas Carol guitar solos, Guitar stories etc etc. Every time you use a Power Tool you think of him (I do too actually and I mean, every single time). You were very much saddened to hear of his death and posted your feelings of loss and kindly wished his family well for the future. And all rightly so in my opinion. That lad's death was so terrible and such a young family too. :cry:

There is nothing wrong is showing emotion.

But that is different from someone I didn't know. I 'knew' Alistair and I talked via the keyboard 2 hours before it happened. I didn't know Lady Di - and thus had no 'grief' for her.

I didn't know the drug crazed Houston either.

Sponsored Links
Back