Who has the power to do this?

Don't ask dumb questions if you don't want the answer, dummy.

Sponsored Links

You're afraid - you'll lock this thread, when it doesn't go your way.

Why would tin potters protect nobodies they've never met?

Talking of dummies, JD locking threads that he is losing is like him throwing his dummy out of his pram.

I have read threads and individual comments that I strongly disagree with and, like most people here, have suffered criticism which I sometimes consider unfair and unfounded, but I would never dream of locking or deleting threads even if I had the ability to do so. To me, it is an admission of failure.

Sponsored Links

You're afraid - you'll lock this thread, when it doesn't go your way.
Shut up Brig, you are a bore.

Glad you think institutionalised covering-up of child abuse is boring......

You're the bore - bringing Islam back onto GD.
It was improved of late, until you stuck your oar in.

Establishment cover up for their own. Well, who would have thunk it? :rolleyes:
But, as JohnD is afraid to answer (and you avoiding quoting me),

Why do you think tin potters would go out of their way, to protect nobodies that they have probably never met?

If former policemen are to be believed a full blown investigation into child abuse by Cyril Smith and others was stopped dead on the orders of a senior policeman.
The police officers on the case were ordered to hand over all evidence and never speak about it, citing the official secrets act.
At one stage smith was arrested and spirited out of a police station like some untouchable communist commissar.
The speculation is that he could have brought other powerful people down with him hence the protection.
But just who can wield this kind of power in our country, this so called democracy that we all (most of us) thought that we lived in.

Great question.

Perhaps it's founded on the system of privilege ? Honours and peerages used as rewards without checks and balances?

Or simply a version of absolute power corrupting absolutely, regardless of the system?

If former policemen are to be believed a full blown investigation into child abuse by Cyril Smith and others was stopped dead on the orders of a senior policeman.
The police officers on the case were ordered to hand over all evidence and never speak about it, citing the official secrets act.
At one stage smith was arrested and spirited out of a police station like some untouchable communist commissar.
The speculation is that he could have brought other powerful people down with him hence the protection.
But just who can wield this kind of power in our country, this so called democracy that we all (most of us) thought that we lived in.

Great question.

Perhaps it's founded on the system of privilege ? Honours and peerages used as rewards without checks and balances?

Or simply a version of absolute power corrupting absolutely, regardless of the system?

That the phrase "Grace and favour" even exists probably tells you all you need to know.

Glad you think institutionalised covering-up of child abuse is boring......
Eh? How did you deduce that? How does the fact that you are a tiresome bore have any bearing on my feelings towards the covering up of child abuse?

Why do you think tin potters would go out of their way, to protect nobodies that they have probably never met?
Can you explain who are the tin potters and who are the nobodies? Can you explain how the one protected the other please?

All I know is that there is an Asian gang in prison for grooming vulnerable girls.
You're the bore - bringing Islam back onto GD.
I completely agree. However, I thought it relevant in view of the fact that this story broke after the racist deniers tried to blame Muslims for being the only people responsible for organised paedophilia.
Just makes you lot look even more stupid.

However, I thought it relevant in view of the fact that this story broke after the racist deniers tried to blame Muslims for being the only people responsible for organised paedophilia.
Who ever said or implied that? Post the link if you can.
No one believes that organised child sexual abuse is anything new, but the fact that it's gone on for a long time in no way exhonerates the multitude of Asian gangs who have been doing it for years and have also been covered up for, to a large extent.

Fair do's, anyone who thought there was no organised child abuse before the Asians started doing it wholesale was obviously wrong on that point.
As said that does nothing to exonerate the said Asians, just highlights the fact that we have enough home grown problems to deal with without importing more from other cultures.
The point of this thread though was to discuss the fact that some people had the power to institute a cover up on the scale of this Cyril Smith one, and at the stage when he had already been caught in the act, arrested and interviewed in a police station and evidence gathered.
No one is supposed to have that power in this country, and I find it astonishing that people actually did, naïve though that may be.

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR
Fair do's, anyone who thought there was no organised child abuse before the Asians started doing it wholesale was obviously wrong on that point.
As said that does nothing to exonerate the said Asians, just highlights the fact that we have enough home grown problems to deal with without importing more from other cultures.
Perhaps the Asians see it a softer touch than say Thailand knowing that everyone is getting away with child abuse in the UK?

I wouldn't mind betting that half the special branch at the time had a vested interest in making sure it got deeply buried.

Sponsored Links
Back