Who makes Parkside Tools from Lidl,

Even some of my favoured tackle (DeWalt ... yum) is being now knocked together in Mexico, not the US ... again cheap labour South of the Border resulting in redundancy/layoff in the States. I suspect the build quality may well suffer in future?
Just a point here, in Europe at least most DW routers come from Slovenia (now they're no longer a communist bloc country presumably they've done away with the gulags if not the kulaks) - the same firm also makes Trend and Perles routers. My DW cordless pinners are German made. So it's not all from Mehico or China, well, not yet

Some of the Parkside tools I have seen were stamped "Made in Austria"
That was probably the label whereon the "Made in Austria" was stamped.....

Before we whip the Chinese factory systems, perhaps we ought to test the whip a little closer home, perhaps on governments and the people that allow cheap disposable crap to be made and chucked in the bin after 10 mins to be made and imported, then hopefully, we might pay just a bit more and get a bit more back to the factory incumbents.
And in so doing bring about a revival of the British manufacturing economy?

I just chucked out a Performance Pro (B&Q) compressor because the unloader valve broke and I couldn't find one anywhere.
That's possibly because in stuff like compressors many generic components are available from third parties such as compressed air (trade) outlets. It's highly unlikely that your old compressor had any non-standard threads on it

By any chance, is there someone that knows were I can purchase a cheap gypsum/drywall lifter? I have searched the kompernab site but found nothing
Have a look on eBay. Generally available from circa £90 and up. Personally I'd go even cheaper and just buy a couple of these and make-up a Tee from 2 x 1in laths. Cheap as chips and they work, too

I wonder why tool hire companies haven't cottoned on to these cheap equivalents?
Lack of spares (as quoted so many times here?) :rolleyes:

Me? I can't use Parkside for work (no 110 volt option), but the stuff I've bought for home use (like a 5in angle grinder) has been pretty reasonable. If anyone thinks that getting spares for Parkside is hard they should try Erbauer or McAlister..... :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
The length of guarantee should dispel most fears, no mention here diy only - not for professional use - or anything else of that ilk. And I have found with Lidl money back means money back, just keep the receipt and grab yourself a bargain.
Amazon also sell Parkside tools and spares, admittedly not much but you can only buy the Parkside router 1/4" 1300w there, at just under £50.
I tend to find tools to be held bad in the wrong hands and vice-versa...pinenot ;)

So summing up then:

DIY = Parkside.

Parkside = DIY.

I'm happy with that. Can only be beneficial to the pro'.

A previous poster commented on the soldering gun where the tip got so hot the solder caught fire. I also bought one some years ago, and found the tip was mild steel! Useless for soldering copper wire/electronics! So I replaced the tip with Weller parts; needed a bit of bashing to fit tightly, but has worked well enough for occasional use for three or four years. IIRC I paid a fiver for the soldering gun and £3 for two Weller tips

Sponsored Links
A previous poster commented on the soldering gun where the tip got so hot the solder caught fire.

Solder doesn't burn. The crap chinese flux puts out a lot of smoke, but I don't see fire happening.

I also bought one some years ago, and found the tip was mild steel! Useless for soldering copper wire/electronics!

Iron plating is normal.

Picked one of their oscillating multi-tools today, including 4 blades, sanding head and 15 velcro backed sheets. Not bad for 30 quid. :)

Yes I believe that. I bought a cheap Parkside 3 inch belt sander (£24.99) - it's identical to the Bosch green one. (over £70)

Lidl tools
I repair power tools for a living.
Been using Parkside 12v li-on daily for almost a year without issue to strip everthing from makita, dewalt, hilti, bosch, hitachi, stihl, partner etc'
Cannot fault it.
P S if your buying pro tools stick to Makita, cheapest for spares by far, drawings are ace, parts ordering simple and consistent quick delivery. Build quality is unsurpassed, very clever engineering.
Typical say rip saw armature for makita less tha half the prixe of dewalt.
Don't touch Milwaukie. Absolute **** made in a shed in china!
;)

Wow! that's worth knowing, thank's. I have the same Parkside li-ion drill and it's brilliant...pinenot :)

Hi Everyone!

Please help me!
I have a Parkside php 500 A1 hot glue gun, and the gun's electronic has been failed.
Can anyone tell me the value of R7 resistor?

View media item 74119
Thank you for your help!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back