who makes the B&Q Cooke and Lewis range of bathrooms

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Can anyone please confirm who makes the B&Q Cooke and Lewis range of bathroom suites.

I have an 'Eleanor' toilet and the seat has now failed.

Many Thanks

Paul

Sponsored Links
They are exclusive to B&Q, so it maybe that you need to contact them.
How old is the bathroom, is it still under warranty?

As far as "Cooke and Lewis" are concerned, as understand it, it is a made up brand that comprises of two different suppliers to B&Q.
I believe the Italian company "Ilcam SPA" do the bathroom side of things.

You could try a company in Bolton called PJH. They supply all sorts of bathroom stuff to B&Q. ;)

PS,, Ilcam, supply doors and carcases for kitchen, bedroom and bathroom furniture to B&Q. Dunno if they supply the toilet seats though. ;)

My Cooke & Lewis toilet seat also failed after only 3 1/2 years. I took it back to B&Q two days ago and they refused to replace it because it was guaranteed for only one year. I don't expect a toilet seat (which cost over £200!) to fail as quickly as that and I believe that I have statutory consumer rights to obtain a replacement or reimbursement from B&Q.

I am now thinking of obtaining legal advice.

Do any other readers have similar experiences of these seats or of B&Q refusing to honour consumer rights on any products?

Sponsored Links
Although you are rather rude, you might be right if I had spent that much on a toilet seat but :oops: I had made a mistake in my original posting. That was how much I paid for the WC itself, including the seat.

Nevertheless, the basic point remains. I don't expect a toilet seat to fail after only 3 1/2 years :eek: and I do expect B&Q to replace one that does.

Does anyone else have relevant experience of B&Q toilet seats failing prematurely or of B&Q's service when any product fails prematurely but outside the guarantee period?

Really though lets say the seat was worth £30, by the time you messed about, wrote some letters, added the usage you've had out of the seat for three years (for arguments sake lets say £6 per year so £18 ) you will be left with them reimbursing you for £12. All assuming that you did not enter a battle of words and that they would not just dismiss your ultimate threats to take them to the small claims court that is. I have used Consumer law to get various items repaired or replaced over the years, its often a long drawn out and painful experience. I would not even consider it for a £30 item. I may kick up a noisy heated fuss at the till point with the manager of B&Q though! Which would quite possibly yield a positive result depending on your nerve.

Really, save your angst and stress for when that new washing machine or whatever goes wrong after 15 months and you are seriously out of pocket.

why is it impossible to replace a Cooke and Lewis toilet seat that I only purchased 2 years ago.i have been on site and it seems they no longer have the COHEN range in stock.does this now mean I have to replace the whole toilet,talk about crap B&Q take the Pi??

did you make the mistake of buying a WC with an abnormally shaped pan?

for reasons of fashion, square and other shapes are occasionally made, but are unsuitable unless you have a square arse.

A standard seat by any maker will fit 99.99% of pans.

The best way of ensuring that you will be able to get spare parts in the future is to go with one of the big names like Ideal Standard for instance. I fitted my bathroom around fifteen years ago and can still get replacements if I need them.

Although Cooke & Lewis seems to be of reasonable quality they are more about design than longevity and B&Queue can sometimes be very awkward with regards to refunds and exchanges.

As an installer I would say that that your seat has lasted quite well for 3 1/2 years. A lot of them fail before they are even fitted.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back