Who remembers 'Know How' magazines from 70's

I've kept a big reel to reel tape recorder since the 60s thinking it would become antique.
(It's not perfect)

Just found a good one on ebay - going for £12. Oh well.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Yes, thanks for giving me hope.

I'll keep an eye on it.

You're welcome.

I kept hold of a money box an old client gave me. It was the black boy that you put the coin in his hand and press a lever. A real collectors item and valuable i was told.
A few years later I saw one on an antiques program go for £500, yippee I thought.
Wrong, it was a copy, £25.

I'll keep an eye on it.

You're welcome.

I kept hold of a money box an old client gave me. It was the black boy that you put the coin in his hand and press a lever. A real collectors item and valuable i was told.
A few years later I saw one on an antiques program go for £500, yippee I thought.
For heaven's sake, don't mention it on here (for obvious reasons).

I'll keep an eye on it.

You're welcome.

For heaven's sake, don't mention it on here (for obvious reasons).

It took me a while and a few reads to click on, lol.
Good job I didn't use the original name given to it by the Americans.

Gregers if you want rid of the Auto Express I'll take them away- a M8 lists and sells mags. I can't be bothered with the time listing so if I find mags I give them to him.

The trouble is that everything has moved on so much since then that half of it would probably be irrelevant. I remember I used to avidly read my dad's repair manual which showed how you could actually fix your own toaster or fit an element in a kettle. Obviously these days they just go straight to landfill.
I can also remember a medical encyclopedia which showed (in graphic detail) how to perform an appendectomy. I read it so many times as a kid that I was convinced I could do it. Luckily I never tried it on anyone.

I've kept a big reel to reel tape recorder since the 60s thinking it would become antique.
(It's not perfect)
Just found a good one on ebay - going for £12. Oh well.
Ended. One bid, still £12.

I did miss that it was faulty so probably the same as mine.

Sponsored Links
Back