Why all the bg engineer bashing?

If the part was obsolete, we check our laptops,then our parts helpdesk and finally the manufactuers parts desk if they say te parrt is unavailable then thats as far as we go, so why mis-selling?, we can only follow our procedures.

Sponsored Links
If the part was obsolete, we check our laptops,then our parts helpdesk and finally the manufactuers parts desk if they say te parrt is unavailable then thats as far as we go, so why mis-selling?, we can only follow our procedures.

Puter says NO!!......The CPSs at their best, lead by the nose & their Laptopamabob.......... :LOL: :LOL:

Then the punters phone us & we can get the parts na bother, then the punter cancels their 5* or what ever sh.te plan they have..........Happy days for the real Gas RGIs............. :LOL: :LOL:

BG have a system of searching for obsolete parts and the engineers have to rely on that and act accordingly. The system does not legislate for some obscure part on a dusty shelf somewhere in the UK which turns up out of the blue and some independant comes on here and shouts "well I managed to find one". Biscuit77, I've spent more years with BG than you possibly ever will and all I can say is that, yes mistakes are made regarding parts, but 99% of the time it is the correct call. Get used to BG bashing on here. Good luck.
You will find the same old names spouting off about something they know FA about. INCOMING!!!

your customer could be told which parts are needed including makers part numbers (not your bg laptop swell numbers).
then give your customer time its called choice,just like a door to door sales agent. (called cooling down time) to decide what they want done and any verbal comments from an engineer need to be in accordance with the distance sales regulations.
the law is clear.

Sponsored Links
Sunnie, we do advise customers what parts are req'd,and the parts numbers on our systems are gas council numbers and manufacturers numbers,as for cooling off time, we only advise customers we don't "sell", if the cust wants to buy a new boiler from us then an advisor would come out and discuss it with them.

Dan,whats that got to do with me as an engineer?,there definately seems to be real bitterness towards bg engineers on this forum, thats why i originally posted this question to start with. At the end off the day i go out each day and do my job honestly and professionally, i could go on slagging off the hundreds off bad jobs i've been called out to after independants, but i don't because i realise that not all IRGI'S are "cowboys", so not all bg engineers are.

Dan,whats that got to do with me as an engineer?,there definately seems to be real bitterness towards bg engineers on this forum, thats why i originally posted this question to start with. At the end off the day i go out each day and do my job honestly and professionally, i could go on slagging off the hundreds off bad jobs i've been called out to after independants, but i don't because i realise that not all IRGI'S are "cowboys", so not all bg engineers are.

Don't rise to the baite mate, at least if a b.g fitter mucks up, the customer has a place to complain to. Unlike a great deal of independants who will just dissapear when the going gets tough. I would trust a b.g.f long before an indepentant.

well maybe i am misled but when someone pays out good money for a service/repair contract with peace of mind that they will send a suitably qualified/experienced person to attend and repair but not send an advisor or a similar sales agent.
if this was my contract i would look into a better resolution for myself and if i had been advised incorrectly i would use the law to reclaim some cash.

Don't rise to the bait mate, at least if a b.g fitter mucks up, the customer has a place to complain to. I would trust a b.g.f long before an independent.

Just as well, the busiest department in the company. :mrgreen:

Now how do I go about winning the shiny case of the year award. :LOL:

And I said on page 1. Engineers are one thing. Company policy and bullshlt is another.

Long live BG and I will benefit to the tune of the many dissatisfied customers that come my way.

Just wish they were in better moods.

:LOL: Sales advisers :LOL:

Think it was last year service side made 26 million and done 3 million jobs so average of less than 9 quid a job profit is that ripping off or having to cover big overheads

iwork for bg. our next biggest competitor in scotland does 1500ish installs a year, bg does 11k (2011). independents can bash bg to **** all they want based on the 0.5 percent of 'bad jobs' they see that they assume makes up the entire picture but i will remain proud to work for a company that does that volume of installs and safe in the knowledge that i (an installer) pride myself on my work to the same extent you independent guys do.

the irony is that moaning about the shocking jobs ive seen done by independent installers on these forums is pointless because only the good guys take part in such a thing, whereas good bg guys on the forum have to put up with the generalised ****e based on the tiny minority.

or something, im drunk

iwork for bg. our next biggest competitor in scotland does 1500ish installs a year, bg does 11k (2011). independents can bash bg to **** all they want based on the 0.5 percent of 'bad jobs' they see that they assume makes up the entire picture but i will remain proud to work for a company that does that volume of installs and safe in the knowledge that i (an installer) pride myself on my work to the same extent you independent guys do.

the irony is that moaning about the shocking jobs ive seen done by independent installers on these forums is pointless because only the good guys take part in such a thing, whereas good bg guys on the forum have to put up with the generalised s***te based on the tiny minority.

or something, im drunk

You must be well p.shed son!! When you think SG do the most installs in Scotland. Plumbers & small central heating firms do 1000s times more installations than SG. I'd get the figures from SNIPEF or Gas Safe but I can't be ar.ed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back