Why Do These Taps Have A Maximum Distance Between Them?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I came across a set of taps in B&Q the other day which seemed an ideal solution to having taps at one end of the bath behind the shower screen causing you to be double jointed in leaning around the screen to turn them on.
I thought I could have the hot / cold taps in the middle of a double ended bath which would be easily accessible & then have the filler at the end out of the way but looking at this diagram it indicates the filler should be no further than 150mm from the taps but why is this any different to a mixer valve & shower?

Taps.png

Sponsored Links
Its a three hole tap set. It will be supplied with rigid or flexible pipework to connect the hot and cold to the spout, and these will be of a fixed length. If they have rigid pipes, fitting can be an absolute nightmare, but I suspect given the angled lead ins to the spout they will be flexis.

Its a three hole tap set. It will be supplied with rigid or flexible pipework to connect the hot and cold to the spout, and these will be of a fixed length. If they have rigid pipes, fitting can be an absolute nightmare, but I suspect given the angled lead ins to the spout they will be flexis.

Hadn't given it a thought that perhaps they supplied interconnecting pipes. So is there any reason to why I couldn't locate taps or filler where I wish if I was to do connecting pipe work to suit?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back