Why don't plumbers insulate hot water pipes?

If most ? followed or adhered to every reg that was written that covered there working day most would not bother getting out of bed in the morning , & the construction industry would probably grind to a halt !!
Absolutely right!
You have to ask yourself
am I going to get caught?
what's the reg for?
how effective would it be to comply, or damaging to ignore, in this case?,
what's the cost and would the customer want to pay for it?
was there chocolate on those biscuits he gave me?

Sponsored Links
Would you recommend insulating heating system pipes that are to be buried in a concrete floor ? I am currently having new central heating installed and the installer has installed copper pipes in the concrete floor he is proposing to cover them in Denso tape (which I think just protects them from the mortar) but no other form of insulation.

Obviously I can’t change this once the trenches in the floor are filled in so am just a bit concerned that no insulation is going onto of this tape.

Your thoughts appreciated

Would you recommend insulating heating system pipes that are to be buried in a concrete floor ? I am currently having new central heating installed and the installer has installed copper pipes in the concrete floor he is proposing to cover them in Denso tape (which I think just protects them from the mortar) but no other form of insulation.

Obviously I can’t change this once the trenches in the floor are filled in so am just a bit concerned that no insulation is going onto of this tape.

Your thoughts appreciated

Yes , personally when installing central heating pipes in screed I prefer plastic , on a manifold system , if possible ? so that there are no joints under the screed !!

Sponsored Links
Surely they should be either sleeved so they can be withdrawn, or put in trenches with removable covers for access? Your man seems to be flouting building regs.

Do not think this applies to heating pipes , only hot & cold services , but good logic in what you say access is always a good idea !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back