Why?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Why do us Brits put up with all this bullshit?

Oil costs loads so we pass it on the the customers but now it's all come down in price but we will still charge you the same,

WTF

Sponsored Links
Those of us using oil heating are winning this time. We have no Government quango looking after us, so our heating costs are tied to the oil price. My oil has price has dropped 40% since last year but no one shouted on our behalf when the crude was 120 dollars a barrel.

The UK is a nation of wingers and whiners. You will rarely hear people speak out when summat good happens.

This is the main reason GD is so repetitive, dull and dreary and bereft of imagination.

Thanks maltaron for your useful post. The wingers on GD must lead extraordinary lives.

Sponsored Links
Why do us Brits put up with all this bulls**t?

Oil costs loads so we pass it on the the customers but now it's all come down in price but we will still charge you the same,

WTF

I thought oil prices were falling at the pumps? Isn't the big supermarkets price warring forecourts also?

My heating oil has certainly fallen in price since last year.
Happy days. :mrgreen:

WTF

Because what this country lacks is people power. Most people just accept everything that's thrown at them. People like Nosebag for instance. :)

Because what this country lacks is people power. Most people just accept everything that's thrown at them. People like Nosebag for instance. :)
And you think that by bravely repeating yourself on a DIY forum is somehow uniquely noble?

I'm sure the concerned parties that you support are immensely thankful and are already cringing with admiration.

WTF

Because the cost of the raw material is only a minor part of what the consumer pays. Whilst I am sure energy companies could do more, just because raw material prices have halved, taxes, operating costs, processing and distribution costs (the bulk of the price you and I pay) are fixed. Nothwithstanding the fact energy firms buy their gas/oil etc "upfront" so have to guess what they think the price will be in a year or so in advance.

And you think that by bravely repeating yourself on a DIY forum is somehow uniquely noble?

I'm sure the concerned parties that you support are immensely thankful and are already cringing with admiration.

Someone asked a question and I gave my opinion. nothing noble about that. You always assume that someone else is working on your behalf and has your best interest at heart but of course, that isn't true. Who knows, maybe you would be a whinger if you had been dealt a different life.

Btw, time to remove 'Meeks' from your top pocket. :)

Someone asked a question and I gave my opinion.

So you did....

Because what this country lacks is people power.

You then said...

Most people just accept everything that's thrown at them.....like Nosebag for instance. :)

And then astonishingly you followed with this little nugget....

You always assume that someone else is working on your behalf and has your best interest at heart but of course, that isn't true.
Incredible.

Someone asked a question and I gave my opinion.

So you did....

Because what this country lacks is people power.

You then said...

Most people just accept everything that's thrown at them.....like Nosebag for instance. :)

And then astonishingly you followed with this little nugget....

You always assume that someone else is working on your behalf and has your best interest at heart but of course, that isn't true.
Incredible.

Derrrrrr! I meant 'YOU' assume, not 'ONE' assumes or 'I' assume. Oh well!

As long as there are people like you out there Squark people like me will be forever terrified.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Back