Wickes kitchens FFS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

Just been to see customer about kitchen installation, the kitchen is supplied by Wickes. Wickes have told customer that if they don't use Wickes Fitters then Wickes cannot guarantee their product.
This sounds like scare tactics and quite frankly makes my blood boil.
Surely this is complete bullsh*t how can they not guarantee a product they are supplying regardless of who installs it?
I may go to Trading Standards, I think this is black mail, they want £3500 for installation I would put at £1800 tops.

Does anybody know if their policy holds water or not?

Cheers, Chirpy

Sponsored Links
It's a DIY shed. I don't see how they can refuse to cover the product; though they can't be expected to guarantee workmanship or damage caused by bad fitting.

I know they can't guarantee against bad workmanship, I wasnt asking about workmanship, I guarantee my own workmanship, I was asking about their own product.

I have been recommended I'm not buying the kitchen the customer is.

I think I'm going to politely say no thanks to this installation, simples!

Sponsored Links
It's a DIY shed. I don't see how they can refuse to cover the product.

Go and talk to the store manager, and threaten him with trading standards. It is coercive salesmanship at best, and sharp practice at worst.

If you check on their website, it states that cabinets are guaranteed for 10 years, and the doors for 5. and here's the link for the warranty info; at no point does it state that installation must be done by wickes installers to validate the warranty.
http://travisperkins.scene7.com/is/...ther/pdf/160210-Guarantee-Summary-Kitchen.pdf

Go stick it to them

they can add what ever terms they like to a gtee as its an addition to your consumer rights and forms part off the contract between you and the store [enticement to trade ] use our fitters and you get this gtee dont use our fitters you don't simple enough but annoying
they cannot however alter or dictate consumer law [fit for purpose etc]
you can however argue its an unfair condition in the contract with the terms off having to use there fitters but doubt you will get anywhere

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back