Will anything stop weeds growing through block paving?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just spent best part of the day scraping between my block paving to get rid of weeds and it now looks really tidy.
I know it's just a matter of time before the weeds attack again so I'd like to ask if anyone can recommend a way or even a product that would permanently keep them from returning?
Do the commercially available products really work?

Thanks as usual

pete

Sponsored Links
They are unlikely to be growing through the paving, more likely just taking root in the (tiny) gaps between the bricks. A dose of Pathclear every couple of months or so would largely keep them at bay.

as the poster above states its more than likely they are taking root from the top of the blocks, in which case there is little you can do, although what I did, and it took an age was get one of those wire brush / scraper things and brushed out every joint

I then applied a good weedkiller and have not had anything in 3 years. I think its something worth doing every few years.

Sponsored Links
Try a pressure washer, takes the hassle out of it, sand and spray.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back