Will Bedec Multi Surface cover silicone sealant help please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I would like to try the Bedec paint on an internal UPVC window frame but I can't find out if it will cover the general purpose silicone sealant that I have used to fill small gaps where various sections meet.

The reason I ask is because Sandtex tell me their UPVC Primer won't work with silicone. They recommend I take it all off, paint the frame then put the sealant back on again. Not an option I'll be taking as I want a single colour not lines of white or brown, etc where the various edges meet.

Thanks for looking,
Bern

Sponsored Links
Their Multi Surface Paint/Primer will probably cover the silicon and the rest, but like all MSP's they have varying degrees of success and longevity. They usually crack away within a short period of time to my experience.
I remember a product called ESP, http://www.amazon.com/E-S-P-Easy-Surface-Prep-Liter/dp/B007C1QGIK which worked better than most. Only difference here is that you treat it with this before you paint it with any paint.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back