Will my Boiler ever stop dripping!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
IDEAL LOGIC Heat 30.
Fitted 3 years ago. Has had a tray under it most of its life!
Have it regularily serviced and discussed the dripping with service engineer. Hes suggested siliconeing the joints in the flu manilfold, manifold to trap etc
I have spent several nights with the front cover off watching for drips over the months.
There is a rectangular hatch cover with a square section seal where Ive seen the odd drip. The whole Flu manifold was replaced but no change.
I emptied the siphon trap last night and it didnt drip the whole night. Started to drip again today once the trap was full again.
Condensate drain pipe is inside the building only about 50cm long and is Teed into 40mm washing machine drain so its not freezing and has no restriction etc.

Its as if the warm gas in the flu manifold finds the path of least resistance through one of the many seals around the cheap bits of plastic and cant build up enough force to push water out the condensate trap as it should.

This happens more in cold weather. Will the warm gas in the manifold be under higher pressure on cold days?

PS the condensate trap is chrystal clear Ive rinsed it out.

IDEAL tell me to replace the parts ive replaced.

Why is the condensate trap such a labyrinth?

Sponsored Links
Is it not under warranty? If so, get Ideal out to it and they'll keep throwing things at it until it's fixed

Asked for the 5 year warranty one but Plumber fitted 2 year warranty one. Was all too late by the time it was fitted. Time flies by and its nearly been in 3 years. We have bouts of no issues then one day well notice the drip tray has a big puddle again. Hence the above questions.

Sponsored Links
Who chose that model?

Why did this plumber fit a different version of boiler to what you had requested?

I am sure Ideal do an annual boiler service cover.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back