Will this new word make it into the dictionary?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Islamoreality. :mrgreen:

I see the mods deleted the Easter joke! Well done Rudolf.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Islamoreality. :mrgreen:

I see the mods deleted the Easter joke! Well done Rudolf.

I'm not sure exactly how this forum works, but perhaps some of the more experienced members can help me.

Do mods automatically delete posts upon the request of other members, or do they examine them and decide for themselves? If so, then DC and his friends are in effective control of what appears on this forum.

I have been working my way up my list of unread topics and saw a thread about Easter. Something about do muslims celebrate Easter? Unfortunately, before I made it to the thread, there it was - gone!

Was it funny? I know that muslims (and their apologists) don't have a sense of humour. It must be sad to live in a humourless society.

I'm not sure exactly how this forum works, but perhaps some of the more experienced members can help me.

Lie about Islam and your post gets to stay.

Tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth with all the evidence to back it up and the mods (apologists for Islam) delete it. Even if it's a joke.

Some would call them cowards, I don't. I call them frightened sheep. :mrgreen:

Lie about Islam and your post gets to stay.

Tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth with all the evidence to back it up and the mods (apologists for Islam) delete it. Even if it's a joke.

Some would call them cowards, I don't. I call them frightened sheep. :mrgreen:

Johnmelad, I have no idea myself about who, why, how posts are deleted.

But would you care to do a quick check on the number of anti -Islamic posts extant on the forum, compared to the numbers posts that make the case against Islamaphobia?

For the sake of your own credibility, if nothing else.

But would you care to do a quick check on the number of anti -Islamic posts extant on the forum, compared to the numbers posts that make the case against Islamaphobia?

And we all know the few that are making the case against "Islamophobia" Yep the apologista. (now there's a new word for the OED. ;) ;)

The English language is going to pot.

I pointed out recently that the suffix '-ist' can either mean for or against.

For example; feminist and sexist; islamist and racist.

Now 'phobia' is constantly misused to mean 'hatred of' rather than 'irrational fear of'.

The word should be 'misoislamist'.

Is it any wonder there is so much confusion?
Soon we won't have a clue what anyone really means.

Edit - Just looking on the news pages; apparently the equivalent for Jews is 'anti-semitist'.
So, unless you know, that could be 'against those who are semitic' or 'against those who are against semitism'.
What a mess.

I'm not really concerned about words and their meaning. It seems that fairly recently new words have been coined, or old words have had their meaning changed, by interested parties because someone decides that something has become 'offensive'. Often, the 'new word coiners' believe they are acting on behalf of other people who have never felt in the least bit offended!

There is a great deal of discussion on here, and in many places elsewhere, relating to islam and the cultures that follow that religion and, not surprisingly, many of the words to which I refer are related to those people.

A rhetorical question, perhaps, but why does that one particular religion and culture create so much interest these days?

Now 'phobia' is constantly misused to mean 'hatred of' rather than 'irrational fear of'.

Edit - Just looking on the news pages; apparently the equivalent for Jews is 'anti-semitist'.
So, unless you know, that could be 'against those who are semitic' or 'against those who are against semitism'.
What a mess.
Wasn't Mohammed(peace be upon him) a semite :LOL:

What a mess.
Wasn't Mohammed(peace be upon him) a semite :LOL:

I thought he was a made up character?

Sponsored Links
Back