Window & Door fitting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys just a quick one.

I've had a small outbuilding built in my back yard. Using as a sorta workshop. I need to fit a pvc door and window and need some help.

The building is only single block and i just wanted to know where abouts do people recommend to fit the window and door. Towards the outer face of the block or inner?

Sponsored Links
Hi,
it's not the same. In short the window on the outer face implies that the cold wall behind the frame cools the room

Try the centre of the block - making sure the door will open fully of course - but it'll also depend on the sills that come with them, as you want a reasonable overhang to direct the water away from the wall. Obviously, the centre is the most secure point for the fixings.

Spot on...centre it is!

Was debating front or centre but cant go wrong with it in the middle

Thanks

Sponsored Links
And that's human nature at it's best. You knew what to do, and just needed someone to agree with you. Best of luck.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back