window reveal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a gap between my timber frame window reveal and exterior cladding and wondered what options I have for bridging this gap? As my cladding will turn silver in time I don't want a painted or varnished wood next to it. As my windows are going to be grey UPVC I wondered about using grey capping board as this will add a decent weather seal if I miter the joints properly. Never done this before but wondered if this was an ok thing to do or am I missing an obvious trick? I've included a couple of pics below if it helps.

thanks

Sponsored Links
I have a gap between my timber frame window reveal and exterior cladding and wondered what options I have for bridging this gap? As my cladding will turn silver in time I don't want a painted or varnished wood next to it. As my windows are going to be grey UPVC I wondered about using grey capping board as this will add a decent weather seal if I miter the joints properly. Never done this before but wondered if this was an ok thing to do or am I missing an obvious trick? I've included a couple of pics below if it helps.

thanks

Ifve no idea if this is correct, but when I built my cedar-clad porch I took the cladding round into the reveal and butted it against the window, and used a hardwood corner profile on the outside corner.

Cheers
Richard

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back