Wireless room stat wiring problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,
I want to change my digital programmable room stat (Siemens REV100) to the wireless model (Siemens REV23RF/SET). I am having trouble with the wiring and the connection diagram does not help a lot. Here is the wiring situation for my old digital programmable room stat.
IMAGE_040.jpg

And this is the inside of the receiver part of my new wireless stat set
IMAGE_041.jpg

So I guess the permanent live (L) and the switched live (L1) will go to their designated spots as in the old thermostat. However as you see in the picture there are also the N, LX and L2 connections. I still got the earth, a blue (neutral?) and a black (not live) wire coming out of the wall. So I connected the blue wire to N. The receiver came to life and started blinking. I followed the instructions, paired it with the wireless stat and tested. Unfortunately even though the "heating" icon appeared onscreen, the radiators never got warm.
Any ideas?
By the way here is the wiring diagram
1.jpg

Thank you all and sorry for the large pics, I did resize them, don't know why they're still XXL!

Sponsored Links
Black to LX should finish the job, wireless stats require a feed(perm L an N) for the transponder side then the themostat connection between switched live and its path back to the boiler.

Well, thanks lcgs and everybody who thought of a solution, I figured it out:
LX does need a live feed which I did not have since I 've got only 1 live wire which went to "L". So I bridged L and LX with a small wire and voila! Finally works! Time to go to bed...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back