Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg Hi all, we have recently moved in to our new house where I've spent quite a lot of time getting central heating working, basically it is quite ancient setup with loads of corrosion in the system but it is still going.
In near future (2-3 years) I would like to convert it to combi boiler.

At the moment there is no means to control temperature of CH system other than knob on Baxi Solo 15 HE boiler (flow temperature)
I can also adjust radiator valves but its all or nothing.
In general it is way too hot or too cold in the house, energy bills are going to be sky high.

Upstairs there is Pottertron EP2002 programmer, indirect hot water tank, pump and 2 zone valves.
In the loft one tank for HW and one header tank for CH.

What I would like to do is to replace Pottertron programmer with something that could separately control on and off times for HW and CH and to install wireless thermostat in living room.

Can somebody recommend something not too expensive that would do the job.
Many thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Turn the power off; remove the EP2002 from backplate; take pic of the backplate (so we can see the wiring); replace EP2002; turn power on.

Post pic.

I was thinking about hive, but it is too big for me now defenitely in future after boiler replacement, see photo of programer
Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 140
Sponsored Links
You would need a wiring centre (junction box) to replace all the extra terminals (A to D etc) of the EP2002 backplate.

If you don't know what you are doing, leave it to an expert.

The HW on this system is controlled by cylinder stat which in turn activates zone valve and than the pump, boiler fires up etc,
Can I wire in room thermostat to CH zone valve to work similar to HW ?

Yes, but I would recommend Honeywell over Salus any day. Salus products do not stay working for long!

Honeywell are twice as much expensive too, I think I'll get salus product, thanks for advice anyway

I've done some price checking and comparison, the salus thermostat is only £27 on ebay, everybody thinks it is not very reliable.
To get good quality reliable product like honeywell etc I would have to spend around £100, if I add £78 I can get Hive system for 178 from screwfix, may aswell do that

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back