Wireless smoke detector - compatible with Response alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know of a wireless smoke detector that can be integrated with the Friedland Response type SL (868MHz) intruder alarm system? Friedland announced in 2010 that they were going to market a wireless smoke alarm but seem to have discontinued it and, in any case, it was, I believe, only compatible with their 433MHz range of intruder alarms.

Sponsored Links
Does anyone know of a wireless smoke detector that can be integrated with the Friedland Response type SL (868MHz) intruder alarm system? Friedland announced in 2010 that they were going to market a wireless smoke alarm but seem to have discontinued it and, in any case, it was, I believe, only compatible with their 433MHz range of intruder alarms.

Hi did you every find an answer to this question? I am looking for the same product

Andy

What did Friedland say when you asked them?

What did Friedland say when you asked them?

not sure if your question was directed at me, so I asked friedland anyway. There response was

"Friedland do not manufacture a smoke sensor for the SL range of alarms"

Nevermind... :(

Sponsored Links
I haven't been able to find anything suitable yet - it's a pity because the Friedland Response system clearly has the capability for a smoke alarm to be added but one doesn't seem to be available.

Hi did you every find an answer to this question? I am looking for the same product

Andy

I haven't been able to find anything suitable yet - it's a pity because the Friedland Response system clearly has the capability for a smoke alarm to be added but one doesn't seem to be available.

Andy

I use a Response SL5 system and plan to add wired EI105R smoke alarm (hall and landing) and EI103R heat alarms (near kitchen area) from EI Electronics http://www.eielectronics.com/. These will operate on the 12v supply from the SL5 and connect to zones 33 - 36 on the SL5. I will interconnect the 3 alarms so that if one is activated, all 3 will sound. The SL5 will also sound.

An alternative but unconnected solution would be the mains powered Radio Link System from EI Electronics http://www.eielectronics.com/index.php/smoke-alarms-dc/radiolink-alarms-mains.html

That could be a solution for many applications although not mine. I need a wireless smoke alarm because it will be in a garden office where wiring back to the house will not be practical. The office already has a smoke alarm but I doubt that I could hear it unless very close to the office, which has good soundproofing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back