Wireless thermostat replacement...advice appreciated

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I think our wireless thermostat and or receiver is faulty, we have a Worcester Greenstar 28i junior boiler and a British Gas WR1 receiver and thermostat in the hall.

I have programmed the thermostat for 6 cycles at certain temperatures throughout the day and although it would not work on all of them it only fires up the boiler in the morning now and at no other time of the day. I used to override it when we required extra heat and this would work but now it does not respond to a manual override anymore, I have also reset it but to no avail, I think this has been in this house for a long time as we have only just moved in 4 months ago.

I am looking at buying a new wireless thermostat and receiver, I had thought about purchasing a Nest 2nd Gen as we don't need hot water management and I like the idea of the way Nest operates plus my wife is not very techie and she would like something that responds to the turn of a dial too.

I myself was happy to also just purchase a Salus RT500RF, I am guessing from what I read it works in a similar fashion to this current system we have and it has good reviews, it can be overidden so easy for the wife but to be honest I could do with some advice and all is appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Nest "nd Gen would be your best bet for ease of use, functionality and the ability to remotely operate it via smartphone, tablet or computer. Salus' RF is a bit flaky and gets interferred with by other devices so could take a bit of getting right to start with.

A 2nd gen nest can be picked up for a bargain price if you have a bit of a google.

Jon

Sponsored Links
I currently use the 2nd gen hive and its ideal for ease of use. I'm not totally convinced the temperature sensor is 100% accurate but I suspect this is more down to my particular unit as I had hive in my old house and it was fine.
Also to be fair the tech support for hive is free and very good if you ever require it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back