wires behing skirting board

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

During our recent rewire, the elec. did not pull down the skirting boards. He placed the wires behind them after digging a chase behind the skirting boards. The plasterer then came and plastered behind the skirting boards.
No conduit or capping was used (only on drops from ceiling).

I'd like to replaced the skirting boards but I am worried that if I pull them out the new plaster (and wires) will dislodge from the walls. How much chance is there of this happening?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
As I understand it, you shouldnt run wires behind skirting boards! Against building regs according to a chap from Derby City council.

the run is vertical behind skirting boards up to the sockets, I seem to remember that this is allowed.

yes indeed - misunderstood you when you said they were run along behind skirting board!

The easiest way to deal with this is to ease the skirting off the wall - even if the cables do start to come away, it is easy enough to spot before you take the whole board off - then simply remove the plaster from around the cables (power off, using a bluntish instrument!)

Sponsored Links
I wrote a reply then saw the cables were just run vertically behind the skirts.

you are disobeying my instruction to ignore my post :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back