Wiring a 13 amp hob

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

I have just bought a new CDA (HCN510) electric induction hob that is designed to run on a standard 13 amp circuit and plug (it can also be set to run off 25 or 32 amps if wired directly to the mains). It arrived with no cable.

The choice of amperage/power is selected using the hob controls when you first switch it on.

I have the correct cable for the 13 amp connection (1.5mm2) but I'm confused by the wiring diagram. The neutral and earth connections are fine, as there is only one of each, but there are three connections on the block for 'Live'.

Does it matter which one I connect to? Or is there a specific one for the 13 amp connection?

I have attached a diagram of the hob connection terminal and the page from the installation manual for reference.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Terry

[/img]

Sponsored Links
The lives are all linked together so whatever one you connect to doesn't matter.
As long as the instruction don't say remove the link.

Thanks. What threw me is that the diagram shows the horseshoe links in place, but they were actually tucked into a small recess and needed to be connected manually.

Sponsored Links
Although in UK domestic is normally single phase in France often it is split phase or three phase the links are so it can be configured for French or English system.

So it's all links in for you.

Also be aware a 13A fuse gets hot when supplying the full 13A and with the modification to 13A plug with finger protectors they have a problem dissipating that much heat. So plug needs to be in free air and black will get rid of more heat than white.

It looks to be a good hob. Pity it's touch control and not knobs but to get one that configures to 13A there is not much to choose from.

Thanks both for the advice. The hob is now wired in and working great - incredibly fast despite the lower power rating.

I have to say though that the wiring was the easy bit - don't even get me started on the worktop/hob clips! :D

Regards

Terry

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back