Wiring an electric Oven and an electric Hob any suggestions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey

I am wiring a friends Electric oven and seperate hob, the HOB is rated at 6.5Kw
and the OVEN rating plate shows 20W and 18W? :s somehow i dont trust that this is true? Any ideas of the standard rating on an electric oven

There is an existing Cooker isolator with a lower level outlet point where i can connect the hob using 6mm, im wondering what cable to use for the electric oven? any ideas

I plan to loop from the lower cooker outlet into a FCU and downrate it to 13Amps, then to the oven using 2.5mm.

Does this sound logical? Please help as i dont want to go to jail :)

Sponsored Links
Just found the rating of the oven it is 2100 and the manufacturers details states it can be fed via a 13Amp circuit, therefore sureley i can just loop into a 13Amp FCU for the oven?

What is the rating of the fuse or circuit breaker in the consumer unit ( fuse box ) feeding the existing outlet and what size is the cable from there to the cooker connection point ?

Worse case ( all on ) you will be taking 32 amps which the cable from the fuse box will have to carry safely.

If the electric hobs are replacing gas hobs or smaller electric hobs it is possible the cable in the wall will be too small.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back