Wiring CM927 thermostat to Honeywell Wiring Centre

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I want to install Honeywell CM927 thermostat (I don't currently have a room thermostat, only Landis&Gyr RWB200 programmer).
As I understand it, I need to wire the Relay box BDR91 that comes with CM927 into my Honeywell Wiring Centre. Unfortunately, I can't find the wiring diagram for this combination anywhere.

The Relay box has N, L, L, A, B, C contacts - see page 3 here: http://www.honeywelluk.com/Documents/Installation-Guide/pdf/1069.pdf
The Wiring Center has terminals 1, E, 2, 3 for "Room stat" - see page 23 here: http://www.honeywelluk.com/documents/All/pdf/Wiring Guide Issue 16.pdf
Which should I connect to which?

Sponsored Links
Those wiring centres a flicking stooopid. Designed for total numpties.

I would get rid of it personally. However, if you insist on using it:

3 - B

N to the mains N terminal

Left hand L to the mains L terminal.

Link the to L's inside the BDR.

Leave your old programmers heating switch in the off position.

I am of course assuming you can have independent heating and hot water at the moment.

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the quick response.

Should I also link right hand L and A inside the BDR? Otherwise B will not get any current.

Found a similar topic: //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=221578
According to information there, Live and Neutral are also available at terminals 1 and 2 on the Wiring Centre. Which makes sense, because at the moment terminals 1 and 3 are linked by a wire that emulates a stat that is always calling for heat.

So I assume then that I need to wire as follows:
Wiring Centre 1 - to stat left hand L
Wiring Centre 2 - to stat N
Wiring Centre 3 - to stat B
And link two L's on the stat.

Sponsored Links
Why are you linking the two lives on receiver as these are internally linked.

No mate - A B and C are volt free.

C - NC

B - NO.

*edit*

Doh - See where you were heading.... Sorry, Link Right L to A.

Sorry playing with the BES catalogue and not concentrating. :oops:

Remove room stat connector block link 1 and 3.

Connect A from receiver (bdr) to room stat connector block terminal 1
Connect B from receiver to room stat connector block terminal 3.
Live to receiver L
Neutral to receiver N.

Leave programmer ch on 24 hours.

Hi steelmasons,

You're right, two L's are connected internally. What I meant to write was connect right-hand L and A. So it will be like this:
Wiring Centre 1 - to stat left hand L
Wiring Centre 2 - to stat N
Wiring Centre 3 - to stat B
And link right hand L and A on the stat.
So this is pretty much like the 'Burner' diagram on page 3 of installation guide http://www.honeywelluk.com/Documents/Installation-Guide/pdf/1069.pdf

Which is exactly the same as you suggested, but A is connected to live via two L's instead of being connected directly to live terminal 1.

This is under assumption that terminal 1 is Live and terminal 3 is Neutral.

Thanks for clarifying this Dan.
So I have a choice of the following two options then:
1) connecting receiver L to Terminal 1 and switching CH on for 24hrs on the programmer
2) connecting receiver L to Live on the Wiring Centre. CH setting on the programmer will be ignored in this case.

Either one should work, right?

Thanks for clarifying this Dan.
So I have a choice of the following two options then:
1) connecting receiver L to Terminal 1 and switching CH on for 24hrs on the programmer
2) connecting receiver L to Live on the Wiring Centre. CH setting on the programmer will be ignored in this case.

Either one should work, right?

Connect receiver L to perm live
Connect receiver N to neutral
Connect receiver A to terminal 1 or link receiver L and A , if linking L and A at receiver then CH channel at programmer will be redundant , if A to 1 then programmer CH channel.will be active.
Receiver B to term 1.

Remember to remove link 1 and 3 at room stat terminal block.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back