Wiring Diagrams

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone advise of webiste where I might find cliparts, stencils or downloads of wiring diagram components.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I've got a 1.5 spur off a kitchen ring double socket to fuse connection unit (5 amp) and onto a 2 gang light switch.

I've got the live going into Com and out of L1 of the first switch. The neutrals and earths are connected in block. This switch serves a ring of mains voltages halogens. I have a second live linking the the coms from the first switch to the second. Again neutrals and earth are connected in a block. The L1 of the second switch goes to an outside light.

Is this OK? Particular the connecting of neutral on blocks and the feeding of live from one switch to another within the 2 gang.

this relates to a previous question about connecting lighting to spur of a ring.

You questioned why it was done like that - because this lighting was added in an extension and the electrician said it was the easiest way to do it. He also left me with instructions for connecting up the outside which are described above. I haven't added the outside light yet. But it all seems to work so far.

I thought a diagram might help.[/url]

it makes perfect sense, your description of how it is wired is marvelous.

yes its fine

except i do not understand the first bit "I've got a 1.5 spur " could you elaborate on that bit, still seems a funny place to take a spur from, but now i see why, your extension

Sponsored Links
amatureleccy said:
Can anyone advise of webiste where I might find cliparts, stencils or downloads of wiring diagram components.
Go to google , click "images" and search for "electrical symbols". You'll find a ton of helpful images.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back