Wiring for fluorescent lights in the loft?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Im just about to fit 2 1500mm fluorescent lights in the loft, im sure im competent enough as im an auto electrician by trade :confused:

I have fitted the lights where I need them and have now started thinking about the wiring! Im sure I have it right in my head and have done the following diagram

loftlightwiring.jpg

Can someone please confirm if this is the right or wrong way to do this???

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Yep thats fine, except you will end up with a brown wire (rather than blue-sleeved-brown) in both the common and L1 (unless you have twin blue . .)

Loads more lighting in the wiki

What does the existing sw control? if you want you can change to a 2-gang and have them on their own switch.

The switch in the pic isnt mine, its one i got off the.net for ease of use for the diagram :) although the rose is mine

Sponsored Links
In that case, as Skenk says, go right ahead and yes you will have two brown at the switch.

Thanks for your imput guys, its all done & working:cool:

I missed the wiki (would have saved me doing my own diagram) :oops: but theres some useful info & tips in there :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back