wiring from house to a garage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have to wire an electricity supply to my garage and upper floor granny flat (which has only occasional use).

This building is 50mts from the house and the cable could be placed underground. there are 12 lights, ten double sockets, a cooker, a kettle and an electric shower 8.5 kw

Can i do this by running three wires (1 for lighting, 1 for sockets, cooker & kettle and 1 for the shower) using the three spare MCB i have on the consumer unit?

If so what size cable should i use and what size MCB.

any help or thoughts or advice appreciated

regards

andrew

Sponsored Links
for a load that big you would be better off getting your supply company to put in a dedicated supply

Andy - I'm not saying this to put you down, or score points, but the fact that you are asking such basic questions as this shows that you do not have anything like the level of competence needed to either design or install the supply to this outbuilding.

And there's also the not-so-trivial matter (in this case) of the work being notifiable (in England & Wales).

Please get an electrician in - you are way out of your depth and possibly at risk of breaking the law.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back