Wiring Help for CH Timer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hope someone can help me on wiring a new electronic timer. I have an old APT push pin timer and I am replacing it with a Honeywell ST9100C Timer.

I've attached images of the old wiring setup and wiring diagram for the Honeywell.

Hope I've posted this in the correct forum or should this be in electrics?

[/img]

Sponsored Links
Been a while since I've done one of these switches. From memory, from left to right as photo, it should be; swiched live - live - neutral (blue).

So, wire as -

APT------------------------------------HONEYWELL
sw. L (left)---------------to-------------4
L. (middle)---------------to-------------L
neutral (right)-----------to-------------N

Then link L to 1 with a piece of wire.

Let me know how you get on.

I will give it a go tomo, thanks for your quick reply. I'll post back with the good news hopefully.

Another quick question.

My current wiring has a black wires from both the right L (live) and left N (neutral) connections, do they need connected in the same confiquration i.e.

APT----------------------------------------------HONEYWELL
Black / Brown (L) (left)---------------to------------ 4
Red (L) (middle)----------------------to------------- L
Blue(N) Blue (N) Black (right)--------to------------ N

Sponsored Links
Yes, that's right. All wires in left connector on APT to 4 on Honeywell and so on.

Technically, the black wire in the left (switched live) terminal on the APT should have a red sleeve or tape over the black insulation to mark it out as a conductor.

The black and blues in the right connection are fine as they are all old and new colours for neutral.

Thought I'd give it a go before I hit the sack. Installed easy enough, most difficult part was drilling the extra hole for the bigger back plate.

Saying that your guidance was invaluable, so a big thumbs up and thanks again.

:LOL: :LOL:

Had a few satisfied customers before, but never a snap of the completed job or thumbs up.

Job's a good 'un!

Well its difficult to send a pint over the internet so I thought a thumbs up was the next best thing... :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back