wiring honeywell t6360/4360 central heating thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
My thermostat just died and I'm trying to replace it with a model I bought from Wickes.

the old thermostat was wired red, blue, yellow and only had three connections on the top and an unused one on the bottom.

The new thermostat has five connections labelled from left to right: Arrow down, 2, 3, 4, 1.

I tried putting them in the same physical slots as the old one, but nothing is working.

Should I be wiring red to 1, blue to 2 and yellow to 3?

The fourth wire isn't stripped and wasn't connected to anything with my old model.

Am FREEZING!! :) any help appreciated.

Kirsteen

Sponsored Links
You've connected the red Live wire to the earth of the thermostat so don't touch the unit and switch off the power to it.

Red should go to Terminal 1 of this Honeywell thermostat

Blue wire to 2

Yellow wire to 3

Sponsored Links
Dan - you are probably right, but with two freezing children I decided to give it a punt :)

Jack - you are totally right, have now wired in according to what you said and hey presto we have heat again! Thank you :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back