Wiring in a Frost Stat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Replacing an old Satchwell frost thermostat with a new Salus FT100 thermostat in the conservatory.

I am not using a pipe thermostat with it just want to use the stat to switch the boiler controller like the old one did.

The salus has 3 terminals: Neutral, Live and Switched Live (plus earth of course) - I have two wires!

Which connections should I use?

Sponsored Links
probably won't work then!! :LOL:
is the Salus voltage free? i:e does it click when you turn it / raise, lower the temp setting?

Just use the live and switched live.

Neutral on an electro-mechanical room thermostat is there to power up the anticipator heater. This enables the thermostat to lead rather than follow room temperatutre changes, and thus provides closer control. Many installers and sparks fail to connect this neutral wire, although it is not important for a frost 'stat.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the help

no its not voltage free - electronic 240v

will conect live and switched live and see how things go

Is the conservatory heated? If not much and you don't use a pipe stat as well you might find the house gets a bit hot...

If your salus is an electronic stat it will probably need a neutral for the electronics to operate ;)

If your salus is an electronic stat it will probably need a neutral for the electronics to operate ;)
It is and it does.

Change it for a Honeywell T4360 Frost stat, which should be used in conjunction with a L641B pipe thermostat.

Why would anyone make an electronic frost stat?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back