Wiring problem Honeywell Accenta G4 to Internal Siren MS=N

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello. I have recently purchased my first property therefore I would like to welcome the DIYnot community.

I'm having problems wiring the Honeywell Internal Siren MS=N to the Accenta panel. The installation guide shows how to connect an external siren, but my Internal Siren has different markings on the terminals...

Please see attached images.

Any help would be much appreciated. Please note, I'll be using the Internal Siren as the only Siren, NOT in addition to an external one.

Sponsored Links
Taking a guess, but assuming they are -ve applied triggers...

Tamp...T
Tamp..A
+...D
HI..B

Leave Lo unconnected.

Just one question, why aren't you using an external sounder?

Just one question, why aren't you using an external sounder?

As wiring to it would be a big struggle. I want to put a dummy outside, and the MS=N inside.

Is this not a good idea? Please advise. Any comments welcome...

Sponsored Links
I live in a building with few 2 story apartments. Therefore I'm sure the siren will be heard by the neighbors. Thank you for your suggestion regarding the wireless alternative. I might consider this solution. Does it come with a wireless sender which is connected to the main Panel?

Well yes, as it states on the link.
As for not being heard, what good do you think an internal one only will do?

Well yes, as it states on the link.

Sorry, missed the top description, only looked at the bullet points description, hence my question...

Based on the diagram, would I be able to have both the External and Internal Siren? How would this affect the Strobe terminals being used for the tamper functionality...?

Two external ones would be probably easier.

Errrrr the strobes have nothing to do with the tampers.
If you cannot read the wiring diagram concerning strobes you should not be wiring them as they contain high voltages if misused.

Errrrr the strobes have nothing to do with the tampers.

Sorry, maybe I wasn't clear enough. I was refering to the manual (see above) which states "Where an external siren without strobe <or internal as in my case> is used, it should be connected to terminals D and B. Terminals T and A are then used for tamper protection for the housing."

So my question is can I have both an internal siren without strobe and an external one with strobe connected at the same time?

Thank you for any advice.

Wire the "external" as shown, even if you use the wireless converter.

Then use the panel tamper for the internal sounder.
Also for the internal use the D for the + and the B for the high.

Forget the byeline at the bottom of the diagram.

Yes, then you know for sure if you have a bell tamper or an internal one. If you get one.

Thank you both, josh451 & Alarm for all your help. Thanks to your help my alarm is up and running as of today. Will add the external siren in the near future.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back