Wiring Viper GLX on 2 Zones to Texecom Prenier Elite48 Panel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I wonder if you chaps could help - it would be awfully good of you.....

I'm struggling with subject wiring.

I have 3 sets of bi-folders on the rear of the house, I want use Viper GLX ( duel viper and contact) on all of them linked up on 2 independent zones; 1 for magnetic contact and the other for Viper.

I need to be able to omit the vipers as pheasants come in the garden and peck at their reflection in the glass - Yes I know it sounds daft but it happens!

The terminals are 1,2 alarm 3,4 tamp, 5 +12V, 6 0V, 7 Set, 8 FTA.

Thanks in anticipation.

Sponsored Links
You can't , you will have to use a standard viper and a contact , you could run 1 x 8 core and loop out of the viper for the contact.

There may be another brand that may have a separate output for the contact but I've never seen one .

Sponsored Links
Thanks again. Last question on this as I'm using your time up here but i do appreciate your info.
I have 3 of the GLX already purchased. Is there a way of using them as Viper only i.e not putting up the mag side of the kit?

De solder reed contact and fit a wire link ! Don't think you can disable the reed .... But I may be wrong

If you want to use the Vipers, as above, solder a wire link across the reed switch and fit a separate contact. Alternatively, Texecom make the Impaq Plus, which has the option of a built in contact with separate outputs for the contact and vibration detector (I have a couple on my house, they work quite well)

Thanks Scott. Just googled the Texecom Vipers - look just the ticket, I can use the GlXs elswhere - result!

I have a step difference from door to frame of about 6mm, will they handle that? do they come with packers/spacers?

Can they be used in any plain - vertical or horizontal?

For the contact side do they have built in resistors for EOL purpose?

Thanks again.

Thanks Scott. Just googled the Texecom Vipers - look just the ticket, I can use the GlXs elswhere - result!

I have a step difference from door to frame of about 6mm, will they handle that? do they come with packers/spacers?

Can they be used in any plain - vertical or horizontal?

For the contact side do they have built in resistors for EOL purpose?

Thanks again.

6mm should be fine. The one on my back door has a gap of around 20mm and has worked fine for the last 6 years. I don't recall any spacers or packers coming with them, but I'm sure you could fashion something if needed (although the magnets that come with them are quite small in comparison to regular contacts)

Yes, they can be used in any orientation. In fact, off the top of my head, I think they have two reed switches in them so that the magnet can be presented to either side of the unit.

There are no built in resistors at all, sadly, so you'll need to do a little soldering. They aren't the roomiest units, so the first one may be a little fiddly ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back