wiring wireless programmable stat

JPC

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
now then...
i need/want to replace my hard wired programmer and thermostat to a wireless programmable stat.
gone and got the drayton rf3 from pts..lovely
i need some guidance on how to fit this.
the existing wiring centre has wires from
boiler x 2
cylinder stat
3 port valve
pump (no overrun)
thermostat
programmer.
Any diagrams or someone to tell me where to stick the wires (nothing rude plse) appreciated ( the ones in the rf3 box are not comprehensive enough and cant find nowt on the internet)

Sponsored Links
Terminal 3 on the scr to the white wire on the 3PV. Disconnect existing room stat and heating on from programmer and just use hot water side - I think.

dont quite follow that..any more offers of help ?
the existing programmer and stat are separate units and need to be moved (wall coming down monday !)

The RF3 will only control heating, not hot water. Therefore the room thermostat and heating switched live need tio be removed - what don't you understand about that?

Sponsored Links
ah....did not realise that. so need to keep the programmer attached to the wiring centre still. and rf3 simply replaces the stat.

JPC said:
ah....did not realise that. so need to keep the programmer attached to the wiring centre still. and rf3 simply replaces the stat.

Or replace the programmer with a cheap single channel timeswitch for simplicity.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back