Wondered if someone could help diagnose my boiler?

Ok, thanks for the info Rampage. It seems to have dropped a little bit more since I've been at work (only a tiny bit) but I'll try another soapy test on the valve at the weekend and see what happens. I'll also keep an eye on the relief pipe to see if anything is coming out of there. Thanks again for your advice... will post back results..... :)

Sponsored Links
Ok, thanks for the info Rampage. It seems to have dropped a little bit more since I've been at work (only a tiny bit) but I'll try another soapy test on the valve at the weekend and see what happens. I'll also keep an eye on the relief pipe to see if anything is coming out of there. Thanks again for your advice... will post back results..... :)
When draining and re filling a system sometimes takes a couple of weeks for the system pressure to settle down, as you have introduced air into the system and takes a while for boiler to get rid.

Hi Norton. Thanks for that info. I'm planning on checking the full system today to see if it needs bleeding etc. Then putting the pressure to 1.5bar and seeing how it fares this week.

Sponsored Links
Just a happy update on this....

I let the boiler completely cool (basically turned it off before I went to work and checked it when I got home). It had been running normally for 4 days and after it had cooled the pressure was nearly bang on (a tiny tiny bit below where it was set but I'm putting this down to the fact that the system will still be settling a bit)

So, I've ordered some inhibitor from Amazon this morning and I'll bang that in when it comes and then that should be it (fingers firmly crossed!)

Once again a massive thank you for everyone's help on this thread. I've hopefully been through all the posts and "thanked" the poster.

Cheers folks

John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back