woodburner

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone i have just installed a multi fuel stove but it is not kicking out the heat that I thought it would. Has anyone else had this problem? Can anyone suggest anything that might help please? Thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi everyone i have just installed a multi fuel stove but it is not kicking out the heat that I thought it would. Has anyone else had this problem? Can anyone suggest anything that might help please? Thanks

Has anyone calculated the heat loss of the space against the rated output of the stove?

Thanks for the replies. Max output in the manual is 11kw and the room it is in at the min is 3msq (i know that is way 2 big for the room but we are building an extension so the room will be much bigger). I have had mixed reviews about installing a flu liner. Will this make any difference? Thanks

Sponsored Links
A flue liner is preferable, it will make the stove pull harder.
What fuel are you using? Coal will chuck out much more heat than timber - and some logs are much better than others to burn.
John :)

I have only used wood so far, might give the coal a try thanks

I have only used wood so far, might give the coal a try thanks

Don't forget to use only smokeless coal. Homefire is the best brand. Like most fuels the dearer ones give the best result. Solid fuel prices vary but not that much as weights are strictly controlled, whereas wood can be as cheap or as dear as you want. You could make descent savings if you find the right supplier.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back