Worcester 24CDi - Hot Water Advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

My boiler (Worcester 24CDi of 7+ years old) has recently developed a problem and I would appreciate some advice as to what it may be.

Central heating is fine but hot water is not. Up until recently any amount of flow from a hot water tap would initiate the boiler to give me hot water. Suddenly the amount of flow now has to be excessive before the boiler kicks in to heat water for the taps. Of course, at this rate of flow it will not get much more than a little warm!

If the central heating is on then hot water is achieved by turning a tap on and gauging how much flow is needed to allow hot water to flow out of it. Eventually I manage to get a hot shower but only after fiddling with the flow lever for 5 - 10 minutes!!

What do you reckon??

Stu

Sponsored Links
Standard fault, diaphragm / diverter valve. If you do a search you'll find lots on it for this model.

Not sure if this might have affected anything.
Recently I re-fitted a radiator after decorating. I think both valves may have been open when I refilled it. Could air have got in somewhere and caused a problem? Or is this a minor thing? I think I should have only re-filled with one valve then opened the return after the air was out????

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that.
We have a heating engineer coming out at the end of the month with a new contract. We'll manage until then.

Thanks

Stu

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back