Worcester 24i Combi-Boiler problem - Please help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our radiators have been a little 50/50 recently so a "handy man" at work told me they needed bleeding. He lent me a bleed valve key to get the job done so I went about the house bleeding the radiators. There did seem to be an extreme amount of air in most of them. The guy from work told me (upon me asking him) that the air would automatically be replaced with water from the CH system. I did tell him I had a combi boiler and he confidently told me it was fine and was all automatic....so I bled the radiators.....

You can hopefully work out what the current situation is...no hot water or heating. Upon hitting the internet (should have done that first me thinks) it turns out I SHOULD have made sure the heating system was was off, and that I should have topped up the pressure. Can anyone advise me on what I should do, or do I need to call out a plumber?

If I do need a plumber, can anyone recommend one in the Lincoln area?

Sponsored Links
Look at the pressure gauge. Is the grey needle on or near 0? It should be at the same position as the red needle when the boiler's cold. If the pressure's low then you need to repressurise.

I used the pressure tap (under the boiler on a pipe) and raised the presure to 1.5 bar. Still seems unhappy with me tho.

You probably just need to find the overheat thermostat lockout and reset it by pressing it in. There may be a diagram under the boiler cover somewhere showing where it is.

Sponsored Links
Air was probably due to corrosion. Installers that use this model don’t like cleaning systems.
Clean your system asap, see faq, and add inhibitor afterwards. Could double the life expectancy of your boiler.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back