Worcester 24ri

iep

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Given the continued issues with my Glowworm EnergySaver60 I may well be in the market for a new boiler. Quite happy to stick with our existing s-plan vented system so a basic boiler should do the job.

What do people reckon of the Worcester 24ri? Ideally I might need a little more power (more like 26kw) but the tiny size of the 24ri is very appealing (and I could spend a few quid and prioperly insulate part of the loft to make it's job a bit eaiser).

Are there any other boiler sin this sort fo size/price range, that other people would recommend?

Cheers,

iep

Sponsored Links
Pretty sure, I used the sedbuk boiler calculator and it reckons that I might need as much as 26k!

It's a 4 bed, detached single storey cottage (270 years old) with single glazing but it is difficult to tell how much power is really required as the house is not uniformly insulated. Some walls are filled, some not. Only half the loft is/can be insulated etc...

I figured I'd go for the larger option to be sure. The old boiler is 18kW but is only using 10kW of gas these days (suspect burner). Difficult to guess whether the full 18kW would be enough but the previous owner reckons the house was always a bit cold.

A mate of mine just had a 24kW Worcester 28i jnr combi fitted to his modern 2 bed terraced house so I thought 24kW should be the min I would consider. Is his boiler possibly a bit overspecced?
Cheers,

iep

combi's are sized based on the hot water demand, 24kw for a combi is pretty small.
i would of thought a 18kw would be ok for what ya need, iam assuming ya got around 10 rads? if ya get a good rgi in he will recommend a boiler and adv on the size you would require anyway

Sponsored Links
Nice one, thanks. Makes sense, my old flat had a combi and it only ran flat out when it was providing hot water. For heating it ran in a low flame mode.

I've got a guy lined up to come out this weekend. Just wanted to get some thoughts on the various boiler options out there. I'm sure the rgi will have his own thoughts but it's worth canvassing for opinion and all that.

iep

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back