Worcester 28CDi RSF - Replacing leaking hot water service connector

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have a Worcester 28CDi RSF with a leaking hot water service connector from what I assume is a worn out o-ring. I can get to the connector easily and the connector does spin round the joint if turned with a wrench once I loosen the outgoing compression nut.

My question is there a correct procedure to remove this? My instinct is to use gripping jaw pliers and wiggle it out but obviously don't want to have to force it.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I'm not at the property where the boiler is atm but here is a picture of the connector:
worcester-15mm-service-connector-87161480040-57554-p.jpg

This is hot water out, the cold in version has a valve on it. As you can see it is just a o-ring connection, the back sits flush on a plate with just the o-ring to hold it in place. It seems simple enough to pull it out but I'm hesitant as I don't want to damage the pipe.

I may be wrong but you need to remove the boiler off the pre-plumbing frame which is the back of the boiler.

Daniel.

I may be wrong but you need to remove the boiler off the pre-plumbing frame which is the back of the boiler.

Daniel.
Really???..telescopic piece sits between diverter valve and secondary hex....around 12 notes for replacement.
Had one yesterday funnily enough.

Daniel.
Really???..telescopic piece sits between diverter valve and secondary hex....around 12 notes for replacement.
Had one yesterday funnily enough.

Is it fiddly to take off? I don't mind paying someone if it needs some skill. Got no problems with compression fittings or solder joints but this looks like I could break something here.

Stardanny is right, the service valves are fitted through the jig.

Gaswiz you're thinking of the older 240/280 model

Stardanny is right, the service valves are fitted through the jig.

Gaswiz you're thinking of the older 240/280 model

Fair enough, anyone care to hazard a guess what I should expect to pay for the work?

You'd be best off ringing worcester
262.50 and they'll come out and sort it, complete hydraulic assembly needs to come out!

262.50 and they'll come out and sort itm boiler and complete hydraulic assembly needs to come out!

I'm surprised they'd still service a boiler that was discontinued 10 years ago, but I will give them a call thanks.

262.50 and they'll come out and sort itm boiler and complete hydraulic assembly needs to come out!

I'm surprised they'd still service a boiler that was discontinued 10 years ago, but I will give them a call thanks.
They won't take it on contract but will call out and you pay the one off fee. I was a worcester engineer :)

Boiler off wall job to replace iso valves on a CDI, although you can do it by pulling boiler forward a little when disconnected but easier to remove.

1st rule of a Cdi. . . Never, ever touch the isolation valves! Haha.

The slip coupling mentioned above is a 240 totally different.

I think the boiler has to come off the wall. You can't just remove the service valves and hot outlet union from the back. On the wall jig there's a "locking" plate that screws on and holds all the isolators in place. Once that's off the hot outlet union is pulled forwards through the jig. Great design eh.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back